To make an Application for Divorce, it is necessary that you have been separated from your spouse for a minimum period of 12 months. The law indicates that separation is affected when one party to the relationship considers that they are separated.

It is possible that all or part of the separation has occurred while each party continued to reside under the same roof. In these circumstances, it is necessary that the Court is satisfied that the arrangement between the parties during this time was not an intimate relationship.

An Application for Divorce can be made as an individual or jointly with your spouse. If there are children of the marriage under the age of eighteen (18), it will be necessary that the parties attend the Court hearing and satisfy the Court that suitable arrangements have been made for care of the children.

Hede Byrne and Hall are able to assist you in making an Application. If you prefer to make the Application yourself, we are able to guide you in the right direction.