Parenting Arrangements

At Hede Byrne and Hall, we understand that separation can be a difficult time. There are a number of issues to consider in facilitating a suitable arrangement that is in the best interests of the child.

Hede Byrne and Hall can assist parents and grandparents to understand and navigate various areas, including:-

  • The person with whom the child is to live;
  • The time the child is to spend with another person;
  • The allocation of parental responsibility;
  • The form of consultation about decisions relating to the child;
  • The communication a child is to have with another person;
  • Maintenance of a child not covered by the Child Support (Assessment) Act 1989 (Cth);
  • The steps to be taken prior to an Application for variation of an order;
  • The process for resolving disputes about the terms or operation of an order; and
  • Any other aspect of care, welfare or development of the child or parental responsibility for the child.

Often parents are able to agree on the arrangements without the intervention of the Family Court. If you are able to reach an agreement, Hede Byrne and Hall can assist you to formalise that agreement by way of Consent Orders or a Parenting Plan.    

Sometimes it is necessary to seek assistance from experts to help parents work through issues of dispute to determine an outcome that is in the best interests of the child. Hede Byrne and Hall can provide you with information and advice in relation to dispute resolution.

If an agreement cannot be reached, Hede Byrne and Hall will represent and guide you through the Court process.